Italian Skillet Chicken. What exactly is that? The name doesn’t really sound interesting, but I can assure you that you will love this easy to make chicken dinner. This dish is technically a skillet dinner. I don’t know about you, but when I hear the phrase, skillet dinner, I’m thinking it’s a decent meal, but probably boring, worth making, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, this chicken skillet is something you could eat at a nice restaurant. It is not boring, there is so much flavor, it will surprise you.
Easy to Make
Now you are probably thinking, if this is meal is restaurant quality, will I be able to make this? And will it taste the same when I make it? Yes! Even a novice cook can make this dinner and look like a professional chef. This chicken dinner is easy to make and can be ready in less than 30 minutes. Oh, and remember it is a skillet dish? You know that means just 1 pan to clean up, right?
Delicious dinners don’t have to be complicated. And easy dinners can be delicious! This Italian skillet chicken has a sauce that you will want to drown your rice or mashed potatoes in. The sauce consists of garlic (everything tastes better with garlic, am I right?), white wine, lemon juice, and chicken broth mainly. Then you add in some regular seasonings like black pepper and oregano. And don’t forget the yummy vegetables such as spinach, baby bella mushrooms, and tomatoes. Wait, are those a fruit? Regardless, the entire meal comes together quickly and has little prep. Just cut off the fat on the chicken and wash the veggies, then start cooking. Soon after you start, it will be ready to be served. You will be amazed at how good of a cook you really are.
Italian Skillet Chicken
- 4 large Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 14 oz Grape Tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp Garlic
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice Or 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 10 oz Spinach
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pat chicken cutlets dry.
- Season on both sides with 1/2 tbsp dried oregano, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Coat the chicken cutlets with the flour; dust off excess. Set aside briefly.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet with a lid.
- Brown the chicken cutlets on each side (approx 3 minutes per side). Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil if needed. Add the mushrooms and saute briefly on medium-high (about 1 minute or so).
- Then add the tomatoes, garlic, the remaining 1/2 tbsp oregano, and 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp flour. Cook for another 3 minutes or so, stirring regularly.
- Now add the white wine, cook briefly to reduce just a little; then add the lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the chicken back in the skillet. Cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and its internal heat is 165 degrees F.
- Stir in the baby spinach just before serving.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!